Pages

February 19, 2010

season of Lent: i have a confession

I have a confession to make.  Television is not totally out of the picture.  1) The Olympics are on for the first week and a half of Lent.  And I will be watching them.  I’m not sure if this defaults what I was giving up or maybe that I’m not taking it seriously enough to completely give it up.  But I also know that being legalistic about doing or not doing something is not good.  It often takes the meaning out of the very task you are doing.  2) I have Netflix.  Netflix costs money and to not watch any of the Netflix coming in seems like not being a good steward of money.  

With that being said.  Netflix will only be watched on the weekends and no instant watch with the computer will be used.  This still involves less television watching without wasting money for two months.  I think.  I’m sure there is a better way about this.  For me though, it works.  
I think the overall objective here is still pure and met.  Less television (which is always good) and more time with God and with others. 

No comments: