Pages

February 4, 2010

40 days of anywhere

As Lent is fast approaching (it’s only two weeks away) I am going to write some “40” themed blogs. The first:

I could live almost anywhere and here are 40 reasons why:

10 Reasons why I love the city of Chicago:

1 The diversity is uncanny compared to almost anywhere in the world
2 Chicago has the best hot dogs, pizza, burgers, and overall best food I have ever had
3 Being on Lake Michigan is one of my fondest memories in the city
4 Everything is always open and always at your fingertips
5 It’s a sports lover’s paradise
6 One man: Frank Lloyd Wright
7 The architecture is magnificent
8 The park system and wildlife is way underrated in Chicago
9 Tre Kronor
10 If it wasn’t for overpriced homes I would have a home there, well unless…


10 Reasons why I love Massachusetts:

11 Almost all of Jess’ family lives in Massachusetts
12 The Atlantic Ocean is less than half a mile away from where I live
13 The state is jam-packed with history
14 It has such a diverse geographical region for being so small
15 The Appalachian Trail
16 The Wayside Inn
17 Those little town greens that everyone talks about
18 The fascinating differences in pronunciation (Barnstable is “barn-stuh-ble”, not “barn-stable”)
19 Where’s all the traffic?
20 We have a yard and a garden

10 Reasons why I could live in Ann Arbor:


21 The University of Michigan
22 Michigan football
23 Ann Arbor is the most unique city I have visited
24 Zingermans, Washtenaw Dairy, and Blimpy Burger
25 Green libraries and Co-ops in a city? Yes!
26 One of the top 10 hospitals in the world
27 Kerrytown, Hill Auditorium, and The Michigan Theater
28 A big city with a small town feel
29 The town is just a little bit liberal
30 The Hands-On Museum

10 Reasons why I could live anywhere:


31 I grew up in the flat Midwest – geography doesn’t get more boring than that
32 There is always new food to try
33 You can go birding anywhere
34 You can find a geocache all around the world
35 Water pipes won’t freeze in the south
36 You can tell a grasshopper joke just about anywhere
37 I’m happy as long as there is a river and a kayak in hand
38 A good book travels anywhere
39 Three words: “Netflix instant watch”
40 I could live anywhere, as long as I am with Jess

No comments: