Pages

July 30, 2008

what's up with all the green


I’ve been a little ‘green’ lately. A couple of years ago someone asked me what my ideal job would be if it could be anything I wanted. It only took me a couple of seconds to think and exclaim, park ranger. I then went on to expound why that was. Lately, I have been thinking about how to be a park ranger (or working for the National Park Service (NPS) or some other related field). It’s difficult. I’m not classically trained to be a park ranger. I don’t have a degree in environmental studies or anything like that. I don’t have any connections in the field.
I do know however that I love and care for nature and animals. I have as long as I can remember. I’ve thought about research. From my sociology background I know that is something I would enjoy and be good at. So, I’ve begun looking for jobs in that field. I don’t know if anything will come of it. I’m not sure if it is something I should even pursue after many years in different fields. But, I will continue to try.

No comments: