Pages

February 7, 2008

snowful


There has been a lot of snow in Chicago the past two weeks. It has also been cold: dipping below zero degrees Fahrenheit for several days. It’s winter in the Midwest. It’s cold and snowy. So, what about all those people who have denied global warming or who denied it for so long but eventually gave in to believing that there was such a thing as global warming? I don’t actually know anyone personally like this. I wonder though if they are laughing at all the other people that do believe in global warming in winter now that it is so cold and snowy. What if the people that gave in to believing global warming are now changing their minds back? I mean if the globe is warming wouldn’t there be less snow and less cold? At this point everyone that knows something about the effects of global warming are getting mad at me because they know it is more than just whether winter is cold or not. My point however is not whether global warming is actually occurring. (I do think it is however.) My point is that sometimes it takes faith to believe in something such as global warming. Yes, there is some actually proof of it, such as glaciers and icebergs melting. Once again though, I’ve never seen that (along with many others). To many that just means they are melting and nothing more. Sometimes we need to look at the bigger picture and to have faith that something is occurring even though we can’t see it.
I think there is something ironic about having faith in global warming. It seems that at least in the wider scope Christians have voiced the most concerns about whether global warming is real or not. Yet, Christians call for themselves to be faithful and indeed live on faith everyday.

No comments: