Pages

September 11, 2008

and they call disneyworld the most magical place on earth?


Over the weekend I went up to Michigan to watch a University of Michigan football game with my awesome fiance. The game started at noon EST so it was an early start from my Chicago apartment. On our way through Indiana I had another Illinois driver pass me. I looked at the back of their car and saw a Michigan Football decal. I couldn?t help but think they were probably going to the game, too.

Not too long after passing into Michigan did I begin to see Michigan decals, car flags, and people in cars with Michigan gear everywhere. I began to point them out one by one. They were all headed in one direction - Ann Arbor.

Big Ten football has been overshadowed over the past few years by the dominance of the SEC and Big 12 in college football. On this Saturday morning, I couldn't tell why. After parking the car and walking to the stadium it was as if everyone in town was going to the game. That's almost possible, too. Ann Arbor's population is about 115,000. Michigan Stadium holds around 107,000. As we got closer to the stadium it was pointed out to me that it looked like a fair. It did kind of look like a fair. There were hundreds of tents set up in blue and maize colors, flags hanging high in the air, and people cheering and throwing footballs around.

The game was awesome and everything I imagined it would be. Michigan beat Miami, OH, 16-6. It is quite possibly the last game I get to see there. It will leave me with lasting memories forever.






No comments: